Le Pï¿œlerin nï¿œ 350 - La priï¿œre, Testament, La ...Bookseller:
Le-livre.fr / Le Village du Livre, France, Sablons$ 33 Buy from: Livre-rare-book
Pérez de Hita Ginès
Histoire chevaleresque des Maures de Grenade, trad ...Bookseller: $ 388 Buy from: Maremagnum
219: RECENT ACQUISITIONS RELATING TO MICROSCOPY & ASTRONOMY; THE LURE OF THE MICROSCOPE & OTHER SCIENTIFIC INSTRUMENTS
Specialities : Science and technology
AUTHORS [Authorship] (55 books): Alfred ALLEN, John ASPINWALL, Edward Collins BOUSFIELD, Benjamin BRAMAN, James Bryant CONANT, George E. DAVIS, Aubrey H. DREW, S. H. HIGGINS, Journal of the Society of Chemical Industry, Antoni van LEEUWENHOEK, K. MICHEL, New York Microscopical Society, New York Microscopical Society, Jean Francois NICERON, Henry Alleyne NICHOLSON, The Northern Microscopist; (editor), C. W. OATLEY, Theodore E. OERTEL, Donald L. PADGITT, Louis PASTEUR, John PHIN, Postal Microscopical Society , Andrew PRITCHARD, Mary PROCTOR, Richard A. PROCTOR, John Thomas QUEKETT, Oscar W. RICHARDS, Maria ROOSEBOOM, Royal Microscopical Society, Science Heritage Collection, Garrett P. (Putnam) SERVISS, Sir Arthur Everett SHIPLEY, Society of Chemical Industry, Herbert SPENCER, Spencer Lens Company; , Edmund J. (Johnson) SPITTA, Alfred Cheatham STOKES, Rev. Lewis TOMLINSON, Gerard L'Estrange TURNER, John TYNDALL, Unitron Scientific, Inc, Newton Highlands, Mass, Hon. Mrs. Mary WARD, W. WATSON & Sons, Ltd, London, Wilfred Mark WEBB, William WHEWELL, Rev. John George WOOD, Lewis WRIGHT, Joseph Henry WYTHES, (Wythe, M.D.), J. L. ZABRISKIE, Carl ZEISS.
TOPICS: Astronomy, Bacteriology, Biology, Botany, Chemistry, Infusoria, Medical microscopy, Microscopy, Optics, Spontaneous Generation
Catalogue Septembre 2019 - 1
Picture Book 9 | Melbourne Rare Book Fair 2019
To coincide with the Melbourne Rare Book Fair we are pleased to announce the latest in our series of Picture Book catalogues. It contains many treasures:
- the extremely rare second impression of Tolkien's 'The Hobbit' (1937, with the dustwrapper), the first edition of J.M. Barrie's 'Peter and Wendy' (1911, with the dustwrapper), and P.G. Wodehouse's 'Mike' (1919, also with the dustwrapper!);
- autograph material from Hector Berlioz, Jean Anthelme Brillat-Savarin, Sir Robert Torrens and Sir Douglas Mawson;
- numerous important photographs, including an Antarctic masthead panorama by Frank Hurley, an early experimental image from a negative produced by exposure to radioactivity, and portraits (many with signatures) of the founders of Darwin;
- accounts of voyages by Magra, Bligh, MacGillivray and Flinders (the rare large-paper issue, a gift from the explorer's only child, with the elephant folio atlas);
- accounts of inland expeditions by Hume, Blaxland, Carron, Jardine, Leichhardt and Cross (the first work relating to the exploration of Western Australia);
- and an apparently unrecorded large-scale map of the failed Ottoman attempt to invade Egypt on 3 February 1915, the first action in the First World War to include the AIF, prepared by the 3rd Field Company, Australian Engineers, the only Australian unit present.
To view these items (and much besides) visit us at Stand 24 at the Melbourne Rare Book Fair, 12–14 July.
Catalogue Septembre 2019 - 2
Vous trouverez dans ce catalogue notre sélection de rentrée avec nos dernières nouveautés, classées par ordre chronologique.[...] Read more
As a Radio 4 documentary about book collectors airs, the Times deputy literary editor, James Marriott, who lives in a room full of volumes, admits to his problem.
In this podcast Sandra has invited collector Benjamin Zucker and looks at their roles and relationship as dealer and collector. While this podcast focusses on the current "Diamonds" exhibition, it also reveals the fascination to collect, the handling of manuscripts and the knowledge needed to deal in historical items.
As a result of a number of reported scams which affected ILAB booksellers worldwide, ILAB has put together some best practice guidelines from booksellers for booksellers.