Gole after Cornelis Dusart - Dutch ice skating sce ...Bookseller:
Inter-Antiquariaat MEFFERDT & DE JONGE, Netherlands$ 1.379 Buy from: NVvA
TUPINIER, Jean Marguerite, Baron.
Observations on the Dimensions of the Ships of the ...Bookseller:
Peter Harrington, United Kingdom$ 1.119 Buy from: Biblio
Frans Hals und Haarlems Meister der goldenen Zeit ...Bookseller:
Antiquariat Galerie Joy, Boppard, Germany$ 13 Buy from: ZVAB
CATALOGUE 222: 22 Books: from the 16th to 19th centuries
Specialities : Early printing
SUBJECTS: Agriculture, Chemistry, Distillation, Economics, Herbology, Italy, Mathematics, Medicine, Monsters, Natural Science, Philosophy, Physics
22 books, including the AUTHORS: ACCADEMIA DEL CIMENTO FRANCIS BACON BIOT BOYLE BRUNFELS BUFFON BULWER
KING CHARLES I & II DESAGULIERS FOSTER FRIES GESSNER HEWITT MONTAIGNE SIR THOMAS MORE MOXON MUSSCHENBROEK PASTEUR PEREGRINIS RYFF SCULTETUS SUCKLING RICHARD WALLER
Picture Book 9 | Melbourne Rare Book Fair 2019
To coincide with the Melbourne Rare Book Fair we are pleased to announce the latest in our series of Picture Book catalogues. It contains many treasures:
- the extremely rare second impression of Tolkien's 'The Hobbit' (1937, with the dustwrapper), the first edition of J.M. Barrie's 'Peter and Wendy' (1911, with the dustwrapper), and P.G. Wodehouse's 'Mike' (1919, also with the dustwrapper!);
- autograph material from Hector Berlioz, Jean Anthelme Brillat-Savarin, Sir Robert Torrens and Sir Douglas Mawson;
- numerous important photographs, including an Antarctic masthead panorama by Frank Hurley, an early experimental image from a negative produced by exposure to radioactivity, and portraits (many with signatures) of the founders of Darwin;
- accounts of voyages by Magra, Bligh, MacGillivray and Flinders (the rare large-paper issue, a gift from the explorer's only child, with the elephant folio atlas);
- accounts of inland expeditions by Hume, Blaxland, Carron, Jardine, Leichhardt and Cross (the first work relating to the exploration of Western Australia);
- and an apparently unrecorded large-scale map of the failed Ottoman attempt to invade Egypt on 3 February 1915, the first action in the First World War to include the AIF, prepared by the 3rd Field Company, Australian Engineers, the only Australian unit present.
To view these items (and much besides) visit us at Stand 24 at the Melbourne Rare Book Fair, 12–14 July.
As a result of a number of reported scams which affected ILAB booksellers worldwide, ILAB has put together some best practice guidelines from booksellers for booksellers.