Skip to main content
What bookdealers really mean. A dictionary by Tom Congalton and Dan Gregory (Between the Covers), with additions from other sources
Term english
Binder's Glue
Definition english
The glue used by binders to attach cloth, leather, and pastedowns to the boards, and for whatever else binders need glue for. It turns up in book descriptions mostly when it has been either over applied, or has otherwise interacted with the paper to cause some sort of darkening to some component part of the book, usually the endpapers.
Term french
Colle de relieur
Definition french
colle blanche soluble à l'eau.
Term german
Definition german
Wenn der vom Buchbinder verwendete Leim im Laufe der Zeit nachdunkelt und an den Klebestellen sichtbar wird (durchscheint), wird dies als leimschattig bezeichnet.
Tax category