Boulanger et Boulangisme à travers les partitionsPublished on 18 Août 2019
Picture Book 9 | Melbourne Rare Book Fair 2019Published on 04 Juil. 2019
To coincide with the Melbourne Rare Book Fair we are pleased to announce the latest in our series of Picture Book catalogues. It contains many treasures:
- the extremely rare second impression of Tolkien's 'The Hobbit' (1937, with the dustwrapper), the first edition of J.M. Barrie's 'Peter and Wendy' (1911, with the dustwrapper), and P.G. Wodehouse's 'Mike' (1919, also with the dustwrapper!);
- autograph material from Hector Berlioz, Jean Anthelme Brillat-Savarin, Sir Robert Torrens and Sir Douglas Mawson;
- numerous important photographs, including an Antarctic masthead panorama by Frank Hurley, an early experimental image from a negative produced by exposure to radioactivity, and portraits (many with signatures) of the founders of Darwin;
- accounts of voyages by Magra, Bligh, MacGillivray and Flinders (the rare large-paper issue, a gift from the explorer's only child, with the elephant folio atlas);
- accounts of inland expeditions by Hume, Blaxland, Carron, Jardine, Leichhardt and Cross (the first work relating to the exploration of Western Australia);
- and an apparently unrecorded large-scale map of the failed Ottoman attempt to invade Egypt on 3 February 1915, the first action in the First World War to include the AIF, prepared by the 3rd Field Company, Australian Engineers, the only Australian unit present.
To view these items (and much besides) visit us at Stand 24 at the Melbourne Rare Book Fair, 12–14 July.
Catalogue Grand Palais 2019Published on 11 Avril 2019
Grand Palais 2019Published on 05 Avril 2019
Online Auction #5 - Military HistoryPublished on 21 Mars 2019
From three private collections: 200 lots, comprising numerous unit and aviation histories, rare ephemera and photographs, with numerous signed items (including Sir John Monash, Sir Nevill Smyth VC, Keith Payne VC and aviation prints). Highlights include a complete set of six Guerrilla Handbooks by Ion Idriess, rare troopship newspapers, and original artwork by Bruce Bairnsfather and Norman Wilkinson.[...] En savoir plus
Collection particulière d’un aristocrate ruiné mais resté digne dans l’adversitéPublished on 22 Jan. 2019
Fifty-three books and manuscripts, mainly French literature and erotica.
Cinquante-trois livres et documents manuscrits, surtout en littérature française et curiosa.