Due to the flourishing business on the field of printing and publishing the firm Brill found it expedient to dispose of its auction activities and part of the antiquarian stock. Pieter Johannes Burgersdijk (1867-1915) and George David Niermans (1854-1920), former Brill employees, offered to take over these branches. They established their business on Nieuwsteeg 1 and appropriately restored the traditional name of the property, ‘Templum Salomonis’.
Burgersdijk & Niermans - Books, Manuscripts, Prints (Library of Rudy Kousbroek)
13 Nov. 2012|14 Nov. 2012