Catalogue 97: Books, Manuscripts, Broadsides and Pamphlets on Law and Related Fields, 15th to 20th CenturiesPublished on 25 Feb. 2020
We are please to offer our latest printed catalogue.
- a 1482 imprint of the Clementinae with a handsome watercolor vignette
- a subscriber’s copy of the first American edition of Blackstone
- a c. 1770 commonplace book with excerpts from Locke, Blackstone and Montesquieu
- a copy of the Laienspiegel bound with classic works on Roman law and legal writing
Items on Display at the 2020 New York Antiquarian Book FairPublished on 18 Feb. 2020
We are pleased to share the list of items we plan to display at the New York Antiquarian Book Fair, March 5-8, 2020.
- a subscriber’s copy of the first American edition of Blackstone’s Commentaries
- a first edition of the first English treatise on matrimonial law
- a penitential manual from 1500 in verse
- a well-illustrated 1565 digest of military law and practice in the Holy Roman Empire
Catalogue 96: Books,Manuscripts and Ephemera on Law and Related Fields: America, Great Britain & Europe, 16th to 20th CenturiesPublished on 21 Oct. 2019
Catalogue 94: Books, Manuscripts & Ephemera on Law and Related FieldsPublished on 04 June 2019
We are pleased to offer a preview of our latest quarterly catalogue. It includes:
- a verse epitome of a classic penitential manual (Item 1)
- a 1538 edition of the Institutes illustrated with 23 woodcuts (Item 59)
- a 1625 study of Roman laws concerning gambling (Item 81)
- a 15th-century guide to the sacraments with interesting material on marriage (Item 49)
- a 19th-century Arkansas justice’s docket book with unusually detailed entries (Item 65)
San Francisco Map Fair September 15-17, 2017 - A Selection of 19th & 20th Century Pictorial MapsPublished on 11 Sept. 2017
Old Imprints will be exhibiting at the inaugural San Francisco Map Fair to be held September 15 to 17, 2017 at The Regency Center, 1290 Sutter Street in San Francisco. For those unable to attend we offer a catalog of select items that we will be exhibiting featuring chiefly maps of California as well as examples of maps from other places. Additional images and condition description are available on our website, together with a more complete listing of highlights.
We hope that you will enjoy this selection.