Altea Gallery E-Catalogue 1: Serio-Comic MapsPublished on 11 Aug. 2016
List for New York book fair 2016Published on 25 April 2016
- Two earliest Lenin's books uniformly bound and complete with the original covers
- The first Lenin's article separately published typographically
- Original version of Russian Social Democratic Labour Party program
- The Bulgakov's masterpiece. First book edition in Russian
- Original edition of Taneev's reduction of Tchaikovsky's The Nutckracker for piano.
- Russian ballet. Photos of Galina Ulanova
- Coloured maps of Kodiak, Woody and Pribilof islands
- First Stephen Crane's magazine story in first Crane's book in Russian
- 30.000 volunteers wanted. First Russian edition of The Red Badge of Courage
- First Russian editions of Hemingway's stories
- Russian James Joyce misprint
- Ukranian design for Hemingway
- First apearance of Salinger in Ukranian in book format
Vestiges of Empire Catalogue 78Published on 14 April 2015
This Catalogue has not been collected from the far flung corners of Empires, but from the relative safety of browsing Booksellers Catalogues and Fair Stands, items discovered out of place in book auctions, and from the estates of the Servants of Empire who have no further use for Pig Sticking Spears. Nothing has been imported for this catalogue but everything in it has been washed up on British shores from Empires of the World. The most recent Afghan Wars are represented by the rugs woven for soldiers and Aid Workers, and the 1580 Fries woodcut map showing the extent of the Empire of Alexander the Great, to a collection of redundant Indian Policeman’s Whistles issued before the 1947 Independence.
Clifford Bax, after the First World War, wrote the words to the Hymn exhorting “Turn Back O Man forswear thy foolish ways… Age after Age their Tragic Empires Rise”, ending with the hope that “Earth Shall be Fair and All Men Glad and Wise”. Each item here has it’s place in the “tragic rise” and each a beauty and fascination of it’s age.
Austria and the BalkansPublished on 14 Feb. 2015
Specialities : Cartography[...] Read more
Fine American Maps, Charts & Views -- Spring, 2014Published on 12 May 2014
A listing of interesting, unusual and/or scarce maps, charts and views. Most are from the 18th & 19th century, and the geographic focus is on North America and the West Indies, with a particular emphasis on New England.[...] Read more