Catalogue 118Published on 17 June 2020
Published on the occasion of the 50th anniversary of Antiquariaat FORUM. 260 rare books, manuscripts, drawings, paintings, maps, atlases, prints and related items from the period between ca. 1970 BC and ca. 1970 AD.
Subjects include Africa, Americana, Art & Architecture, Asia, Australia, New Zealand & Pacific, Botany, Cartography, History, Horses, Hunting, Medicine & Pharmacy, Middle East & Islamic World, Militaria, Natural History, Philosophy, Politics, Religion & Devotion, Science & Technology, Travel & Exploration, Zoology and many others.
e-Catalogue 11: Opening DoorsPublished on 13 June 2020
Catalogue 4: Cartouches, Creatures and Caricature - Decoration on mapsPublished on 13 June 2020
The items in this catalogue have been chosen as exemplars of the mapmaker’s art, demonstrating the various devices used to embellish their work, turning information into art. The selection is purposely diverse, attempting to illustrate the evolution of both style and technique, with items from six different centuries.[...] Read more
China in Manuscript and Photography - Hong Kong Maritime MuseumPublished on 12 Nov. 2018
Highlights included are:
* 1847 - Original Chinese Pith Paintings
* 1849 - Unpublished Translations of Chinese Texts - Early History of Amoy - William Gingell
* 1889 - First Chart of the Upper Yangtze River and the Three Gorges - Large Panorama Map
* 1910 - Photography of Early Trade on the Yangtze River - Over 400 Photos in Six Albums
* 1922 - Rare Glass Lantern Slide Photographs During the May Thirteenth Movement in Shanghai