NEWLY PUBLISHED - Joint Catalogue 2016 of the Dutch Antiquarian BooksellersPublished on 14 Sept. 2016
More than forty book- and printsellers from the Netherlands, united in the Dutch Antiquarian Booksellers' Association (NVvA), have recently issued their 2016 annual catalogue. Click above, download the catalogue and have a look at the highlights – from medieval books of hours to a complete run of the counterculture journal Rolling Stone.[...] Read more
2016/3 - Digital Delights | List, no. 1, Czech Avant-Garde & Bibliophily, 43 itemsPublished on 12 Sept. 2016
I am glad to present my new short list Digital Delights, which in a sporadic series will present exclusive selections of my stock.
Edition no. 1 contains 43 items connected to Czech Avant-Garde and bibliophily from the 1920s to the 1940s. As follows you will discover beautiful books designed by Josef Čapek, Otakar Mrkvička, František Muzika, Vít Obrtel, Jindřich Štyrský, Ladislav Sutnar, Karel Teige, Toyen and others. Some of them are unique, mostly numbered preferential editions bearing signatures, dedications and even original art work by authors and/or artists. Two of the offered books are additionally bound in fine artist's bindings.
A special section (nos. 37-42) is dedicated to the book artist Karel Svolinský and partly also to the book binder Karel Dudešek. A little surprise awaits you at the end of the list: 3 postcards with repros of surrealist collages by Štyrský for his porn story »Emilie«.
Nos. 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 13, 18, 19, 24, 28 and 30 are already sold. (7.12.16)
Auction catalogue 139 - on Friday, 10. 6. 2016.Published on 03 June 2016
List for Boston Book fair 2015Published on 25 April 2016
- First appearance of The Master and Margarita. Handmade book.
- Bulgakov and Gogol under one cover
- Kustodiev's illustrations for Gogol's prose
- Mars as the first bolshevik utopia
- Dark public relations or Russian flea in England
- Early graphic works of Alexander Yakovlev
- The Great Gatsby speaks Ukranian
- The Great Gatsby speaks Czech
- First published work by Boris Pasternak as a translator
- First appearance of any James Joyce's book in Russia
- A Connecticut Yankee first time in Russia
- Planetarium only looks like a church
- Serapion sister for children
- How is chocolate made?
- Activity book
- Photobooks for youths. Treasure hunt
- Is it realy political report, not children book?
- Stalin's cult of ersonality in 30s
- Stalin's cult of personality in 40s
- Nomenklatura samizdat