Manuscripts & Photography - Fall Selection 2018Published on 04 Sept. 2018
Some highlights of this catalog are...
1) 18th Century Vellum Deeds
2) 1870 - Rare Collection of Carte-de-Visite Photographs of Middle Eastern Traditional Costumes
3) 1909 - Rare Recording on Vinyl of North & South Pole Explorers Shackleton & Peary
4) 1897 - Manuscript Letters reflecting a conversation with Czar Nicholas II on board his naval vessel
5) 1920 - Archive of Indonesian Rubber Samples
6) 1953 - Original Wrappers of Children's Magazine Collection by Enid Blyton
Croisière Noire - Seconde expédition Citröen - AfriquePublished on 02 July 2018
Photographies de la Croisière Noire dont l'unique album-souvenir connu. Provenance : Georges Specht, photographe de l'expédition.
Photographs of "Croisière Noire" whose only souvenir album known. Provenance: Georges Specht, photographer of the expedition.
Catalogue 12Published on 13 June 2018
110 items illustrated in full color. Highlights include: Anais Nin's rarest book, AULETRIS; a signed copy of Ed Ruscha's rare DUTCH DETAILS; an extraordinary postcard from actress Karen Allen written from the set of RAIDERS OF THE LOST ARK; two original pastels by Charles Bukowski; an orginal photograph by Allen Ginsberg of Robert Creeley; Jeff Wall's scarce FREE MEDIA BULLETIN; Owen Simmon's legendary BOOK OF BREAD; a truly fine copy of Frank O'Hara's LUNCH POEMS; a number of items from Ed Sander's Fuck You Press; an extraordinary contemporary eyewitness letter to the attacks on Pearl Harbor; several exceptional outsider and vernacular books; and much, much more.[...] Read more
Catalogue 13: The Book and Nothing But the BookPublished on 13 June 2018
Featuring 150 *books* (what a concept) fully illustrated in color, it includes generous selections of poetry (concrete and otherwise), art and photo (including Japanese photobooks), Beats and punks, association copies, artists' books, pulps, film, human sexuality, the obligatory modern firsts, and much more.[...] Read more