Picture Book 9 | Melbourne Rare Book Fair 2019Published on 04 July 2019
To coincide with the Melbourne Rare Book Fair we are pleased to announce the latest in our series of Picture Book catalogues. It contains many treasures:
- the extremely rare second impression of Tolkien's 'The Hobbit' (1937, with the dustwrapper), the first edition of J.M. Barrie's 'Peter and Wendy' (1911, with the dustwrapper), and P.G. Wodehouse's 'Mike' (1919, also with the dustwrapper!);
- autograph material from Hector Berlioz, Jean Anthelme Brillat-Savarin, Sir Robert Torrens and Sir Douglas Mawson;
- numerous important photographs, including an Antarctic masthead panorama by Frank Hurley, an early experimental image from a negative produced by exposure to radioactivity, and portraits (many with signatures) of the founders of Darwin;
- accounts of voyages by Magra, Bligh, MacGillivray and Flinders (the rare large-paper issue, a gift from the explorer's only child, with the elephant folio atlas);
- accounts of inland expeditions by Hume, Blaxland, Carron, Jardine, Leichhardt and Cross (the first work relating to the exploration of Western Australia);
- and an apparently unrecorded large-scale map of the failed Ottoman attempt to invade Egypt on 3 February 1915, the first action in the First World War to include the AIF, prepared by the 3rd Field Company, Australian Engineers, the only Australian unit present.
To view these items (and much besides) visit us at Stand 24 at the Melbourne Rare Book Fair, 12–14 July.
eList 27 - ARTPublished on 05 June 2019
In our newest, fully-illustrated eList, you’ll find a wide variety of books on art, with an emphasis on contemporary books on contemporary art, as well as photography, sculpture, street art, and even some skin art. Some highlights include an impressive collection of vernacular photography in the form of dog snapshots, a metal-bound Nam June Paik, a scarce Nannucci Fluxus poster, and some last minute arrivals. Thanks for taking a look…[...] Read more
Auction catalogue 150 - on Friday, 7. 6. 2019Published on 27 May 2019
New catalogue New York bookfair 2019Published on 26 Feb. 2019
This year we are particularly proud of our catalogue because of its
diversity and the rarity of the material offered.
Therefore it might be worth your time to take a peek in our catalogue
and see if you can find something that you might like. The
catalogue is divided in simple sections: Manuscripts up to 1600,
1600-1800, present day, followed by Printed Books of 15th till 20th
century. There are two final sections covering voyages & exploration
and maps, photographs and prints.
I would add as well we are bringing considerable material to the NYC
Fair that is not in our catalogue (latest acquisitions etc.) so we
look forward to see
you at Booth A16.
Some highlights include, no 1, the Book of Hours, no 34, The Pawky
Pawk's Book of Beasts, no 55, A monumental
Portuguese work on the Persian Gulf and the exploration of the Far
East, no 119, The only portrait taken from life of Philip Freneau and
Rare Books, Prints & Photographs Winter 2018 - 2019Published on 12 Dec. 2018
Catalogue #14Published on 28 Nov. 2018
Featuring archives, collections, photographs, ephemera, scrapbooks, albums, manuscripts, folk and outsider books, as well as other primary materials. 115 items in all, covering criminology, sexuality, music, periodicals, education, photography, literature, fashion and design, art, and much more.[...] Read more