A selection of book on medicinePublished on 23 Aug. 2017
Special List 270: Eighteen 16th-c. Books Not in KVKPublished on 11 July 2017
Auction. Voyages and exploration, rare medical books, art, photographs, literature, maps, prints and AustralianaPublished on 28 March 2017
5 and 6 April 2017 at 6:30 pm AEST
St George's Anglican Church Hall
296 Glenferrie Road, Malvern, Victoria
Wednesday 5 April 2017
The John Belson White Collection of Australian and Pacific voyages, First Fleet journals and Australiana.
Thursday 6 April 2017
Rare Victoriana, important early medical books, art and literature, photographs, manuscripts, and a broad miscellany.
Fully illustrated catalogue at http://invaluable.com/treloars
Highlights of the first evening include:
- Peron and Freycinet’s Voyage de Decouvertes aux Terres Australes [Historique] (1807-16, complete with the two-part atlas augmented with the 25 plates normally found only in the second edition atlas of 1824)
- Cook’s three voyages, offered separately (the third voyage, 1784, complete with the large folio atlas)
- Parkinson (1773) and Forster (1777)
- First Fleet journals by White (a hand-coloured copy), Hunter and Phillip
- works by Dampier, Brosses, Bligh, La Perouse, Labillardiere, Dillon and Wilkes
- atlases by La Pérouse (Charts and Plates to La Pérouse's Voyage, London, 1798); Vandermaelan (Atlas Universel … Sixième Partie – Océanique, 1827); and Dumont d’Urville (the rare and magnificent atlas to accompany the hydrographic section of the official account of Dumont-d'Urville's second voyage, 1847)
- rare Australian maps of the nineteenth and twentieth centuries
Highlights of the second evening include:
- albums of photographs and 16 original glass-plate negatives from the Elder Scientific Exploration Expedition, 1891-2, the first Australian expedition on which the camera was successfully used. The albums are of the utmost rarity; the unique negatives are the only ones known to exist from the expedition
- pioneering early books on anatomy by Andreas Vesalius (1555, 1568, 1725 and 1934/5]
- works by Thomas Browne (1642, 1645 and 1658)
- Osleriana (including rare books, signed copies, letters and photographs)
- signed copies of works by J.M. Coetzee (including unique copies of his Booker Prize-winning novels)
- Shackleton’s Heart of the Antarctic (1909, first edition, the deluxe large-paper issue with the fully-signed supplementary volume in its first uncorrected state)
- Shackleton’s South (1919, first edition, first impression, with the contemporary ownership details of Richard Walter Richards, one of the Ross Sea Shore Party)
2017 NEW YORK ANTIQUARIAN BOOK FAIR - Il CartiglioPublished on 22 Feb. 2017
Dear Friends and Colleagues,
we are pleased to announce that we will be exhibiting even this year at the New York Antiquarian Book Fair - booth A22.
During the last months we collected a selection of rare books concerning astrology, cosmography and science in general that we are presenting now in our new catalog that you can download here.
We look forward to seeing you at the Fair.