Boulanger et Boulangisme à travers les partitionsPublished on 18 Aug. 2019
OthernessPublished on 11 July 2019
Catalogue 94: Books, Manuscripts & Ephemera on Law and Related FieldsPublished on 04 June 2019
We are pleased to offer a preview of our latest quarterly catalogue. It includes:
- a verse epitome of a classic penitential manual (Item 1)
- a 1538 edition of the Institutes illustrated with 23 woodcuts (Item 59)
- a 1625 study of Roman laws concerning gambling (Item 81)
- a 15th-century guide to the sacraments with interesting material on marriage (Item 49)
- a 19th-century Arkansas justice’s docket book with unusually detailed entries (Item 65)
Auction catalogue 150 - on Friday, 7. 6. 2019Published on 27 May 2019
Illuminated. Prints 1480 - 1600Published on 02 May 2019
London, 2019. English text. 164 pages, 109 illustrations. With an essay by Truusje Goedings.
This catalogue focuses on black and white prints and their role as a support. It examines samples of works ranging from the very beginnings of the hand-colouring of early printed books before 1500 to the so-called transition copies that begin to modify prints towards the end of the 16th century.
This catalogue is preceded by a small number of publications addressing our topic of illuminated and hand-coloured manuscripts: Gremlin who, in 1993 was the first to fully address the topic, and Dackerman, whose ground-breaking book from 2002 offers an overview until 1600, as well as Truusje Goedings, whose book from 2015 surveys 250 years. Goedings has made a substantial contribution on the maker of the prayer books, published here for the first time, and her discovery adds much to the understanding in this field that is included in our catalogue.