Catalogue 89Published on 09 Oct. 2018
A miscellany of Travel and related books and documents, Creationist Panorama, Letter concerning Siamese Ambassadors from James II to Sam Pepys, small section on Slavery, Wallis Budge and Missionary Publications.[...] Read more
Manuscripts & Photography - Fall Selection 2018Published on 04 Sept. 2018
Some highlights of this catalog are...
1) 18th Century Vellum Deeds
2) 1870 - Rare Collection of Carte-de-Visite Photographs of Middle Eastern Traditional Costumes
3) 1909 - Rare Recording on Vinyl of North & South Pole Explorers Shackleton & Peary
4) 1897 - Manuscript Letters reflecting a conversation with Czar Nicholas II on board his naval vessel
5) 1920 - Archive of Indonesian Rubber Samples
6) 1953 - Original Wrappers of Children's Magazine Collection by Enid Blyton
Melbourne 2018Published on 26 June 2018
Specialities : Manuscripts
We are pleased to present our catalogue of books, manuscripts, photographs, artworks and realia for the 46th ANZAAB Australian Antiquarian Book Fair, to be held at Wilson Hall, The University of Melbourne from Friday 6th to Sunday 8th July 2018.
Among many highlights are a superb watercolour by Australian children’s book illustrator Ida Rentoul Outhwaite; an illuminated Book of Hours (Rouen, c.1500); the first book on Australia, Pelsaert’s narrative of the wreck of the Batavia (1647); an early eighteenth century Japanese world map (1708); a Macquarie era Aboriginal breastplate (1820); Norman Lindsay’s own copy of A Homage to Sappho (1928); two original watercolours by Arago made during the Freycinet expedition (1817-20); a complete set of Verve, the Parisian review of art hailed as “the most beautiful magazine in the world”; and an exceptional set of Voyage de la Perouse autour du monde (1797).