Catalogue 97: Books, Manuscripts, Broadsides and Pamphlets on Law and Related Fields, 15th to 20th CenturiesPublished on 25 Feb. 2020
We are please to offer our latest printed catalogue.
- a 1482 imprint of the Clementinae with a handsome watercolor vignette
- a subscriber’s copy of the first American edition of Blackstone
- a c. 1770 commonplace book with excerpts from Locke, Blackstone and Montesquieu
- a copy of the Laienspiegel bound with classic works on Roman law and legal writing
Items on Display at the 2020 New York Antiquarian Book FairPublished on 18 Feb. 2020
We are pleased to share the list of items we plan to display at the New York Antiquarian Book Fair, March 5-8, 2020.
- a subscriber’s copy of the first American edition of Blackstone’s Commentaries
- a first edition of the first English treatise on matrimonial law
- a penitential manual from 1500 in verse
- a well-illustrated 1565 digest of military law and practice in the Holy Roman Empire