2019 NEW YORK ANTIQUARIAN BOOK FAIRPublished on 02 March 2019
Il Cartiglio is pleased to announce its participation at the NEW YORK ANTIQUARIAN BOOK FAIR - March 7-10, 2019
We hope to see you at the stand B22.
New catalogue New York bookfair 2019Published on 26 Feb. 2019
This year we are particularly proud of our catalogue because of its
diversity and the rarity of the material offered.
Therefore it might be worth your time to take a peek in our catalogue
and see if you can find something that you might like. The
catalogue is divided in simple sections: Manuscripts up to 1600,
1600-1800, present day, followed by Printed Books of 15th till 20th
century. There are two final sections covering voyages & exploration
and maps, photographs and prints.
I would add as well we are bringing considerable material to the NYC
Fair that is not in our catalogue (latest acquisitions etc.) so we
look forward to see
you at Booth A16.
Some highlights include, no 1, the Book of Hours, no 34, The Pawky
Pawk's Book of Beasts, no 55, A monumental
Portuguese work on the Persian Gulf and the exploration of the Far
East, no 119, The only portrait taken from life of Philip Freneau and
Catalogue 92: Books,Manuscripts & Ephemera, 15th to 20th Centuries, With Many New ArrivalsPublished on 17 Jan. 2019
Specialities : Early printing
We are pleased to share our latest catalogue. It includes:
• a copy of the first American edition of Blackstone's Commentaries
• a first edition of Care's English Liberties
• six contemporary satirical engravings about the American Revolution
• a handsome Elzevier folio edition of the Corpus Juris Civilis
• a 1592 book of Holy Roman and Bavarian laws with striking woodcuts
• a Journals of the Continental Congress with a 1777 Aitken Volume II