MELLIN (Graf Ludwig August von).
[ESTONIE] Der Werroshe Kreis - Le cercle de Werro.Bookseller:
Librairie Le Bail, France, Paris$ 884 Buy from: Livre-rare-book
Picture Book 9 | Melbourne Rare Book Fair 2019
To coincide with the Melbourne Rare Book Fair we are pleased to announce the latest in our series of Picture Book catalogues. It contains many treasures:
- the extremely rare second impression of Tolkien's 'The Hobbit' (1937, with the dustwrapper), the first edition of J.M. Barrie's 'Peter and Wendy' (1911, with the dustwrapper), and P.G. Wodehouse's 'Mike' (1919, also with the dustwrapper!);
- autograph material from Hector Berlioz, Jean Anthelme Brillat-Savarin, Sir Robert Torrens and Sir Douglas Mawson;
- numerous important photographs, including an Antarctic masthead panorama by Frank Hurley, an early experimental image from a negative produced by exposure to radioactivity, and portraits (many with signatures) of the founders of Darwin;
- accounts of voyages by Magra, Bligh, MacGillivray and Flinders (the rare large-paper issue, a gift from the explorer's only child, with the elephant folio atlas);
- accounts of inland expeditions by Hume, Blaxland, Carron, Jardine, Leichhardt and Cross (the first work relating to the exploration of Western Australia);
- and an apparently unrecorded large-scale map of the failed Ottoman attempt to invade Egypt on 3 February 1915, the first action in the First World War to include the AIF, prepared by the 3rd Field Company, Australian Engineers, the only Australian unit present.
To view these items (and much besides) visit us at Stand 24 at the Melbourne Rare Book Fair, 12–14 July.
226: Ulrich Hacker MD – Library of Rare Pediatrics & Medical History
Specialities : Medicine
Part II of a series on the history of pediatrics & general medical history. AUTHORS: George ARMSTRONG; Henry ASHBY; John BELL; BELL, Charles; Rudolf Maximilian BOHNSTEDT; Thomas Neville BONNER; Abraham Arden BRILL; Walter Albert Ferdinand BRUNN; Werner E. BUNJES; Aulus Cornelius CELSUS; Henry Dwight CHAPIN; John CHEYNE; Thomas COAR; Andrew COMBE; David Francis CONDIE; Charles DARWIN; Emil FEER; Helmut FERNER; Louis FISCHER,; Sigmund FREUD; Carl GERHARDT Henry GRAY; William HARVEY; Adolph Christian Heinrich HENKE; Eduard Heinrich [Edward] HENOCH; HIPPOCRATES; Friedrich HOFMANN; Luther Emmett HOLT; Charles Gilmore KERLEY; Henry KOPLIK; Frans de LE BOE; Leonardo da Vinci; François MAGENDIE; Joachimus MERIAN; Leslie T. MORTON; Carlo MUSITANO [Carolus MUSITANUS]; Albrecht PEIPER; Godfrey Roger PISEK; John REVERE; Victor ROBINSON; Jacob Christian Gottlieb SCHAFFER; Harriet Sarnoff SCHIFF; Heinrich SCHIPPERGES; Johann Heinrich SCHULZE; Peter V. SCOLES; Ignaz Philipp Ignác Fulop SEMMELWEIS; J. Lewis Job SMITH; SOBOTTA; J. STAUBESAND; Johann STORCH; John Leonard THORNTON; Kenneth R. T. TYSON; Michael UNDERWOOD; Dieter Werner UNSELD; Alfred VOGEL; George Arthur WRIGHT.[...] Read more