OLIVIER, Guillaume Antoine and Pierre André LATREILLE.
Encyclopédie méthodique. Histoire naturelle: Insec ...Bookseller:
Hordern House, Australia$ 7.330 Buy from: Direct From Seller
Mission Scientifique de l'Omo Tomes III (Fasc. 18- ...Bookseller:
PEMBERLEY NATURAL HISTORY BOOKS BA, Iver, United Kingdom$ 158 Buy from: ZVAB
228: RARE BOOKS IN PEDIATRICS & MEDICAL HISTORY : ULRICH HACKER Library
Specialities : Medicine
50 books on Pediatrics, History of Medicine. AUTHORS: Aloysius "Alois" [Aloiz] ALZHEIMER; Oscar AMOEDO Y VALDES; E. J. ARIENS; AVICENNA; Marie-Jacques BARROIS; Walter BRAUTIGAM; Charles BELL; Greene Vardiman BLACK; Joachim BORNEFF; Richard R. BROOKMAN; Andre J. BRUWER; Henry Daggett BULKLEY; Charles CARKESSE; Paul CHRISTIAN; CIBA; Robert M. COHN; William COLE; David Francis CONDIE; Kenneth C.COPELAND; Macdonald CRITCHLEY; Antoine François Adolphe DELABARRE; Thomas DWIGHT; Camille FALCONET; Josiah Foster FLAGG; Simon FLEXNER; George Milbry GOULD; Sir William Richard GOWERS; Great Britain Laws & Tariffs; George GREGORY; GUY DE CHAULIAC [Guido de Cauliaco]; Walter HARRIS; Henricus abad [Hendrik van Heers] HEERS; Karl HENNIG; Friedrich HOFFMANN; Christoph Wilhelm HUFELAND; Karlheinz IDELBERGER; James Wesley JOBLING; Vincentius KETELAAR; Hans KIND; Kollegium Biomathematik NW; Elisabeth KUBLER-ROSS; Martin LISTER; Julia A. MCMILLAN; Louis Felix Emile MAGITOT; Gary S. MARSHALL; Johann Christoph Andreas MAYER; Richard MORTON; E. MUTSCHLER; Frank H. NETTER; Phillip I. NIEBURG; Frank A. OSKI; Sir William OSLER; Gerhard PIEKARSKI; Walter Lytle PYLE; Emil QUERNER; Henry RAPHAEL; Joseph L. RAUH; Ivan ROITT; Nicholas ROSEN VON ROSENSTEIN; Ross Laboratories; Karl S. ROTH; Friedrich SCHNURRER; A.M. SIMONIS; Louis STARR; Thomas SYDENHAM; Thomas Hawkes TANNER; Robert Hermann TILLMANNS [also: TILLMANS]; Michael UNDERWOOD; Barbara A. VAN BRIMMER; Rudolf VIRCHOW; Alfred VOGEL; Eduard M. W. WEBER; Johann WENDT; Charles WEST; Thompson Seiser WESTCOTT; Charles F. WOOLEY; A.C. WOOTTON; Wilhelm WUNDT; Carl ZIGROSSER.[...] Read more
Picture Book 9 | Melbourne Rare Book Fair 2019
To coincide with the Melbourne Rare Book Fair we are pleased to announce the latest in our series of Picture Book catalogues. It contains many treasures:
- the extremely rare second impression of Tolkien's 'The Hobbit' (1937, with the dustwrapper), the first edition of J.M. Barrie's 'Peter and Wendy' (1911, with the dustwrapper), and P.G. Wodehouse's 'Mike' (1919, also with the dustwrapper!);
- autograph material from Hector Berlioz, Jean Anthelme Brillat-Savarin, Sir Robert Torrens and Sir Douglas Mawson;
- numerous important photographs, including an Antarctic masthead panorama by Frank Hurley, an early experimental image from a negative produced by exposure to radioactivity, and portraits (many with signatures) of the founders of Darwin;
- accounts of voyages by Magra, Bligh, MacGillivray and Flinders (the rare large-paper issue, a gift from the explorer's only child, with the elephant folio atlas);
- accounts of inland expeditions by Hume, Blaxland, Carron, Jardine, Leichhardt and Cross (the first work relating to the exploration of Western Australia);
- and an apparently unrecorded large-scale map of the failed Ottoman attempt to invade Egypt on 3 February 1915, the first action in the First World War to include the AIF, prepared by the 3rd Field Company, Australian Engineers, the only Australian unit present.
To view these items (and much besides) visit us at Stand 24 at the Melbourne Rare Book Fair, 12–14 July.
PODCAST by Slightly Foxed Magazine: Speaking to Chris Saunders of Henry Sotheran’s on the joys of the antiquarian book world yesterday and todayPublished on 16 Oct. 2019
Letters & Wine - The International League of Antiquarian Booksellers encounters the Beauty of GeorgiaPublished on 02 Oct. 2019
Presidents of ILAB’s member associations certainly felt equally inspired after a week of meetings in the capital, Tbilisi.